Sunday, February 22, 2009

Todays boring adventures

Hang on all... we may hit turbulence.
I was sitting in my warm house today working with the terror of a min pin and trying to keep myself from going out but could not resist and took a drive out to see my horses.
NOW, it has been snowing here like MAD, zedder looks in the driveway and sees the Ford pickup with 4x4 and her trusty Grand Prix ( yes Prin its still kicking just fine for an American car with 210 000 kms)
Zedder naturally takes the car, the Ford is not running so shit hot and I don't want to freeze my rear off if it breaks down.
For some reason although there was a foot of snow and what seemed to be 6 foot snow drifts on the road, I still take the car ( cheaper on gas right)

Well, apparently plow drivers don't work on Sundays around here as I was unsure where the road even was at most points of the trip. Made it there safely ( and back) but this is not my point ( i'm just setting the mood here)

I get out there and start giving my horses some treats of cut up apples and carrots and chasing some of the other crazies that live with my girls away from us as I was NOT there to see them.
Anyways, once the treats are done and over Fay sticks around for a few seconds to get some lovings then heads off to the nearest hay bale to eat some more.
Beauty always sticks around until I leave and demands attention and "scritches" thats great because I like talking to her.
I never understood what horse people meant about horse girls telling their horses everything until today.
Me and Beauty had a great chit chat ( well she just listened) I had to speak low because I never know who is in the arena right behind us.

I asked Beauty if she wanted to move again, I don't know what her answer really is, but I'm certain she wants to leave the current farm she's at.
Anyways this subject somehow turned to sex talk. Yes, I have finally lost my mind as I am now talking to my horse about my sex life ( which apparently must be boring as she actually had her eyes closed and was sleeping towards the end of it) Since she was so peaceful, I gave her a little peck on the forehead and picked a burr from her bangs and a piece of hay from her nostril and left.
It broke my heart that she followed me back towards my car ( along the fence of course) and when I drove away she was standing back out by the road in the corner by herself watching the car leave.
Poor big girl, I think the others are giving her a hard time because she is so much bigger "boned" than the rest of them. I mean she's the only Draft mix there amongst a bunch of Quarters, standardbreds and Arabians, She's the big girl no one pays attention to or understands.
My horse is a reflection of me. How messed up is that?
Weird thing is, shes 100 x the horse any of the others are ( except for Fay of course)and she has so much potential.
If she is such a reflection of me, does that mean I am the same?
You better be thinking, "Damn right Zedder" *shakes fist in the air*

Anyways, I drove away and returned home with a broken heart, she really hates it there I think, she looks so sad every time I leave but its so damn cold and windy there, I can't stay there much longer than an hour.

Once I got home my day just went no where, I cooked supper ( trying to be all domesticated again) I somehow ended up caramelizing bacon ( don't even ask...) I totally bombed a "batch" of maple butter and screwed up the perogies. Guy still ate them, 'cause he's just that kind of guy, but I couldn't, not for the life of me.
I ate instant organic oatmeal instead ( with home made real maple syrup)
I honestly fear I will never be what is considered a "good" housewife. Ever.
Far too domestically challenged for this, Its just not in me, I try I really do.

Well, I have to get myself together for another work week, makes me some more moneys ( I love my money) At least I am good for "bringing in the bacon" ( even if I caramelize it )

Have a good week all, take care

2 comments:

prin said...

You sound so sad. :( I hope you're ok. *hugs*

Technodoll said...

mmmm bacon...

i really hope your horse situation clears up soon, this can't be good for anyone.

please keep us posted...

smoochies from the beanies, eh?