Well Ontario has just been pummeled with a bit of blizzard making any movement out of my yard near impossible.
Was supposed to head far up north after work today but that got cancelled, as did work.
I have been off for a week now and am kinda going a little crazy.
The bitter cold has beaten my face today and my skin feels like it is burning off despite any and all winter clothing Icould find.
It was a long night last night, I couldnt sleep at all. I worried about Miss Fe as she is quarantined off from the boys right now because she has a virus and I dont want them to get it from her. Sadly she doesnt have an actual shelter or a round bale to plant her face in and just eat eat eat to keep warm, so every hour I was bundling up and running out to check on her.
I think I irritated her though because I kept chasing her down to touch her and make sure she wasn't freezing to death. She was fine, I would stand there with my hand burried in her fur on her 100 degree body to warm myself up for the journey back to the house.
Since I was up and my man was sleeping like a log, I would then take it upon my self to stock the woodstove back up and head to bed for a whopping hour when the howling winds would wake me up and start my Miss Fe paranoia all over again...
LONG NIGHT
Wake up at 5:30 this morning to get ready for a stupid day at work and driving 4 hours to my next work location and was pretty thenkful that my drive way was like a scene from "March of the Penguins" I was truely expecting to see thousands of poppa Pengies standing around incubating their eggs.
I could have went back to bed... but didnt.
Instead I started shovelling.
Oh well, welcome to winter I guess *sigh
2 comments:
I'm already sick and tired of winter, normally this doesn't happen until January or so...
Gonna be a long one.
((hugs))
ps: what virus does Miss Fe have? is she ok? poor girl!
Hey, awesome blog! If you're at all interested in music, then you can visit mine at http://notesdaily.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment