Thursday, September 24, 2009

My near psychosis in Sudbury

MAN
Leave that city for a few months and then try to drive through it during full blown construction with a manual trans. car... 'nuff to make anyone go mad.

Here's a few hints morons.

1) When the light turns green... GO Feck, there is no need to wait until the person ahead of you goes all the way through the intersection before you can start.

2) Get off my ass... some cars and trucks are standard, they roll a slight bit on hills, you're just going to wait until i get through the light before going anyways so why must you rub your cars front bumper on my cars sexay little rear?

3) Once you are through the light remember I may have to still change gears, there is no need for you to be flying up on me and then panic and drive on the shoulder because I quickly shifted into 5th or 6th losing a very small amount of forward momentum for a split second.

4) Its easier to see where you're going when you are looking in front of you. No need to look over at me weird while you are driving side by side with me. Yes my car is fast and if you read tip number 5 you'll see what my next tip is.

5) You drive beside me long enough gawking I have no choice but to speed the F up to get away... there is no need to be hogging up the faster lane to gawk, now people are cutting in my lane from behind you... this can cause an accident

6) the lane to the far right is for YOU... Mr/Miss/Mrs under the speed limit driver, get the hell out of the left one.

7) Tim Hortons has not moved, you know its there... you prolly go there every day, I don't see why you are shocked that the entrance is right there and must now slam on your brakes.

8) In drive through, STOP ORDERING SAMMICHES, I can't stress this enough, now there is traffic lined up to the highway because you had to sit there and order sammiches in drive through. We just want coffee, GO IN FOR FOOD that has prep time ( and don't even think of blaming it on your sorry minivan carting kids... there are NONE in it, remember you were just driving beside me gawking at me, I know you're alone in there.

If any of you non locals come up here, here's a few tips for Sudbury driving.

1) stop 5 kms before you enter sudbury, take the rules of the road book and throw that motha in the ditch, nothing in there will apply here.

2) Forget everything you ever learned about proper driving, you try that shit around there and you're bound to be sitting on the Kingsway looking at your accordion of a vehicle explaining to the cops you only slowed down because the light was yellow and knew it was time to stop.

3) Signal lights are only used as a decoration since apparently Sudburians like blinking lights that have no meaning. Don't think just because the right blinker is on that the person operating this vehicle is turning anytime soon... They just need the ticking noise to keep them sane.

4)Don't bother using your signal light either, if you put it on and actually turn you may cause more of an accident than if you just slam on your brakes and barrel over the curb into the parking lot of your choice.

Gah... i hate driving in Sudbury lately

5 comments:

prin said...

Sounds scary.

(And funny... :D)

Lee-Ann said...

lol, great tips! I don't think I'd survive there driving! :P

Zedder said...

Lily! Nice to see you pop in here

Technodoll said...

I now positively know that I will never, ever visit Sudbury - I fear for my life! :-o

Melissa said...

Its not all THAT bad here in suds... lol..

ok.. maybe only during construction season.. lol (hehehe)

oh.. and FYI.. i totally order sammiches at timmies, but only when there's a line up in drive thru... that way they have time to make my sammich.. :P :P :P

oh.. and what is with the word verification?? what the hell is a "plublefi"??? (that is my word to type..lol)