Yeah, I'm on unpaid holidays right now, I needed some time to relax and get some things in order.
First thing on my agenda this week was bending over and taking up the *** by my insurance.
HIGHWAY ROBBERY I tells ya
I decided since I had until Thursday to pay my second installment since I dont pay monthly, that I would shop around, I mean, I have never had a ticket, never been caught speeding, never had a claim but my car and truck are now costing me just under $5000 a year YES THAT IS NOT A TYPO
So, I decide to call TD insurance, I did an online quote and it gave me $140 a month. MUCH BETTER RIGHT?
NO
Once I called them to aquire this insurance at these rates, I was then informed I could not have my truck insured with them... why you may ask? Too high mileage!
Yes my "Good Move Cowboy" truck has just to say under 400 000 kms on it, but like a GM should, it still hauls ass like it had 100k on it.
So, TD was willing to insure my house and car, not my truck. Really cheap. Almost went with this until they informed me that I could not pull my car off the road because it is financed??? Say wha???
I pulled it off last year, and it was financed.
Their reasoning... "well you dont have anything to drive if its parked so you would most likely be driving it with out insurance" OK... MORONS, you just denied my TRUCK, CLEARLY I have another vehicle.
So I told that stupid representative to shove her quote and I would never look towards TD for anything again. My car is financed through them, but thats neither here nor there.
Called insurance company B... Allstate, now, I would rather not give Allstate a single dime but I like messing with them for quotes. For those who do not know, Allstate will not insure you if you have a GSD, Rottie, "Pitbull" and a few other breeds of dog. This just irks me so I always make sure to call them, get a really expensive quote and act as though money grows on trees for me and then ask them about their "breedist" policy... then close the door in their faces really fast. Its kinda fun to waste their time like that.
So, Allstate would insure my GM no problems, my house at a high as hell rate but wouldnt insure me on my car. They had no real reason for not wanting to insure me on my car other than babbling on about stats and Tiburon Tuscani's bla bla bla, I shut the guy up by telling him to shove it, I didnt have time to listen anymore because my Rotties, shepherds and pitbulls needed to go out.
Eejits.
Another company wouldnt insure my house, and I just decided that before I took to drinking I would leave things as is for now. I called my house insurance, they will take on both my car and truck but suggested I waited to renew. I told them that I had horses coming home in December so that they could be covered and dug up my buried treausre of jewels and gold and cashed them in to pay my car insurance.
The nerve of Ross Group Insurance too... they did not even have the decency to kiss me before they effed me.
*sigh*
Another project was putting up electric fencing for the horses to come home. I have been plugging away at this for 3 days now, I am heading off tomorrow to get some good high tensile braided rope with wire to put up tomorrow.
Other than that, everything else has just been leisure. Took a few rides on the horses, went shopping today with the peanuts my insurance let me take home with me and have been cleaning my house and just playing with the dogs.
Its kinda boring being home all day like this, but I like it. I have slept in until 11 every day BECAUSE I COULD. However tomorrow I am getting up early as it is a busy enough day.
Nice to be back here blogging, having a bit of time for this baby of mine that I have neglected so.
Hope everyone is well in blogland
5 comments:
$5k? That's insane. :-o
Happy vacay anyway... :)
Yup, and the insane amount is in direct relation to the fact it has a 6th gear...
'Cause you know, when you hit that 6th gear all hell breaks loose
Time to bend over, grab the lube and change those vehicles because man, those are some silly-assed expensive premiums for older wheels :-o
well, i wouldn't pay it, LOL!
i love the " havent been CAUGHT speeding" lol... i noticed it wasn't " i don't speed"..(snicker snicker heehee)
ur dog do cute <3 :D
Post a Comment