Friday, August 15, 2008

Well apparently I'm not about to die!

Man, gotta love teleheatlh *thumbs up*

In the past month this has happened to me twice, today being the latest bout of "OMG, I think I have a brain tumor and I'm going to die"
Started out at 7 ish in the AM, just as I am on the clock for work.
I started to lose my vision a little on the right side of my visual area. Its almost like you are blind out of the one eye, but rest assured its not just the one eye, its the one side of your field of vision that disappears, and gets replaced by very interesting blotches and fuzzy critter like things taking over.
Then the ever so familiar panic comes... because at this point I am driving ( the best time for this to happen)
Start to get a little queezy and dizzy, then numbness occurs. Not to mention intense nausea.
Then the little bastid with the jack hammer hops into my head and starts his day at work as well, thanks fucker.
I didn't need this migraine.
I continued my day at work once the vision returned fully, it wasn't a bad migraine like I had a month ago where I was convinced my head was about to explode on the left side.
However, I was still convinced I had a brain tumor so I called telehealth.
What I have apparently is a "Classic Migraine" (oddly enough that link will take you to the weather networks little write up about migraines) due to the "aura" I experience..and after a bit of "googleing" apparently according to some study I have a good chance of having a stroke later on in life *shrugs shoulders* best be changing a few things in my life now I guess.

Stupid new health issue of mine, migraines, great! *grumble grumble*
Anywho, my head is still a little tender (hurt-y) so I'm going to crawl back into a dark room and sleep this baby off.
Take care blog world.

Summary:
-I'm not about to die of a brain tumor
- I am now officially a "migraine sufferer" (Oh joy)

2 comments:

prin said...

(hugs)

I hope it's just a temporary thing...

When I had my concussion, I started to get migraines and they said, "You don't just start getting migraines. You either get them or you don't." So then they sent me for a head CT... So.. um... You know.

Technodoll said...

I hear ya, sister... migraines and I are "best friends" but one I want to kill before it kills me. Now if only someone would come up with a way to alleviate the pain or drive the migraines away. *dreams*