OMFG!
That sums it up nicely.
Well, at the beginning, I purchased myself another horse. Shes a beauty ( that's actually her name) Head out to tack her up and ride her home, shes a good sound horse, good on roads and so on and so on.
At the beginning of the ride things were a little rough, Beauty has gotten away with EVERYTHING for the past couple months so she naturally wants to get away with stuff with me mounted up.
Little bit of fighting, doing a few circles in ditches and getting her back in the direction I want her in... We're doing great!
Riding along and singing away ( to calm her down a bit) and we actually start to bond on the ride. Both of us are calm now and just enjoying the day.
AND THEN.
I notice some other horses up ahead, no biggie, Beauty doesn't seem to care. But then this JACK ASS on a racing 4 wheeler comes up behind us ( mind you the whole time I was being followed by 2 quads as a precaution) Well this moron comes up beside us and just GUNS it.
Now racing bikes are NOT quiet bikes, so naturally my horse spooks and we are on a full out gallop. Fine.
I'm working on slowing her down when the saddle starts slipping off the right side of her. FUCK. Now what?
I grabbed her mane and held on with all I had, no good. Off I go, nice graceful tuck 'n roll into the ditch and Beauty runs up a driveway a little ways ( unfortunately where the other horses were)
Well, these 2 horses are STALLIONS! YUP, stallions.
They bust out just as I was grabbing Beauty and start attacking her.
Stallions will do anything for a mare as these boys clearly showed us.
Beauty runs off, ripping the reins out of my hands with her 2 suitors following on her heels.
Shes going back home ( which is a good 3 miles down the road at this point)
The 2 people I had following me take off as well as a neighbor of theirs that just happened to see this whole thing unfolding as he is driving by.
They're off chasing down 3 wild horses.
For the next good 2 hours I am alone, wondering what has happened and walking back. To the starting point.
Finally a good hour and a half later, one of the bikes came back for me and said all hell was breaking loose.
We didn't realize at fist they were stallions, this is the point I learned of this.
We get back where my mare is standing while one of the stallions was tied to a hydro pole, the other crazy little one was locked up in a barn next door.
After they busted through 3 fences ( 2 electric and one 3 strand barbed wire) besides their own electric.
Its now time to figure out what to do with this tied horse. We cant take the mare away as he will flip out so they tie him to the back of a tractor to get him down to the barn. No good, he breaks his halter and is free again.
Now I'm holding Beauty and keeping her going in circles while this beast is trying to mount her, biting her, shes rearing and kicking him and I'm trying to keep out of the way. This went on for a good half an hour. Some of the people finally get him tied around the neck with a rope and the new game plan is get Beauty down to the barn, get him in and take her out.
It works, not with out him trying to bust out and damaging this barn a little ( and these people are pissed, understandably, now they have 2 completely horny wild stallions locked up in their barn as their owners are no where to be found)
We get Beauty to the barn of one of the people who was following for the ride, tie her in a stall and give her some much needed water and a bit of food ( she was such a trooper through this all really, she was cautious of people but defending herself against this beast)
Start checking her over, she has several bite wounds and some pretty good bruising from kicks.
Nothing compared to the other 2 love stuck boys.
One is gashed opened pretty good ( as he ran THROUGH a barbed wire fence tearing it down) and has had the shit kicked out of him by Beauty as he was trying to mount her)
The other little wilder one is cut a bit too apparently, I never saw him as I was still walking back when the fight with him was on.
That was my day.
It truely was a LOT worse being there than re-reading it.
I just cant fathom why someone has 2 stallions only held in by one single line of electric fencing?? I mean, c'mon, they're stallions FFS.
Thankfully no one was hurt although a few times it looked like someone was going to be.
My day from hell....
Summary:
-Stallions are CRAZY
4 comments:
Crazy! I can't even imagine. Sounds scary as hell.
Jeeebus, girl! That's terrible, wtf!
Is your girl in heat? is she fixed? or do male horses just want to fuck everything that moves?
*confused*
TD, honestly
She is coming into heat, not there yet, not fixed as this is close to $1000 and a truely grueling standing surgery for a mare (only done when medically needed)
And stallions do indeed want to fuck everything that moves, especially a mare!
ROTF! ah, true boys eh? She's a beaut... just worried for your safety, is all :-D
Post a Comment