We all know the type. Against any religion for no real reason and just blatantly insults anyone who has a shred of faith.
Yet our community suffered the loss of a great man, a man who always smiled, a man who always said something quick witted or in perfect timing for a situation. He was a man who would do anything for anyone and would gently point out things that he felt you needed to improve on.
He was a big part of the church community, the christian camp here and so many other things.
His death truely is the strangest death I have ever experienced. Not how he died, or why he died but how people are reacting to his death. What people are saying about it.
He lived his life for God and his family.
People are in mourning, but know in the back of their minds that this is not how he would want them to feel.
I have heard from people so far... " This death is the first death that I KNOW with out question he is in heaven" or , " He is where he wanted to go now, he is happy", and so on.
His family even seems to be celebrating his life more so than mourning his death ( however I know they have mourned like you or I would have)
If the belief in God, or the belief in religion is such a bad thing, then how could it bring such strength to so many people who have lost some one close to them?
Explain to me why its so bad to have faith in God?
I'm personally sick of the mentality of some, if you believe in anything religious then there is something wrong with you. But look at this family, this community..., look at the strength they have. Where do you think that comes from?
3 comments:
Then people will say, "People use religion as a crutch to avoid facing reality." Unfortunately, the lack of understanding does come from a place of bitterness and anger, no matter how determined a person is to not see it. I didn't see it when I was doing it. I still probably miss some things that I do that are disrespectful to people.
All we need is love, and faith is all about love, right?
The apprehension to religion, especially an Abrahamic religion, comes from the treatment of those who are not of that religion.
When you are told, in no uncertain terms, that your beliefs of lack of believes are wrong and pestered and persecuted, when your beliefs have the same amount of proof and right to be that yours do, then people get paranoid.
When you can have the highest societal morals, never steal anything, obey the law, volunteer to help those less fortunate, but are told you are amoral and cannot ever be trusted, you learn to hate those who persecute you.
Like anything else, it's the few that ruin it for the many, but it's also the few that have the loudest voice and the strongest conviction to do bad.
And that attitude comes to those of any faith or belief or disbelieve. It's the bad people who are propagating this. As I say, it's the same people with different causes.
I say live and let live. And when people die, honour their memory the best you can, the way you want...
I avoid religious discussions like the plague, since rarely does anything good come out of it :-/
Post a Comment