Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why blogging has taken a backseat to my life

There just isn't enough hours in a day anymore! :oD
Everything is going good, I have been pre-approved for a mortgage so house hunting takes up a good deal of my time... or should I say farm hunting. But its going to be tough, I do not want to spend $200 000 on a home, looking to stay in the $100 000 range, so basically looking for a good fixer uppper!

Have had the major itch to head out riding since I have 3 horses, but no saddle and bareback is NOT for me, I can hardly walk a straight line with out stumbling and tripping over nothing so riding a wobbly horse with nothing to put my feet in is a good way for me to gain air miles.
I have been trying to find a western saddle that fits Beauty good, with out any pressure points but have had no luck, apparently Beauty is a short backed, wide round horse ( its not her fault shes "chubby")
I broke down and purchased an english saddle... this should be interesting, I have ridden english a total of twice in my life. Western is easier for people since there is little to nothing you have to do, all movement is controlled with leg and reigns, English, you use the bit more and butt muscles. I have a feeling I will be collecting good air miles with this saddle and style of riding. Wish me luck.
Atleast English tack is pretty though, I always found it to be a nicer look than western.

Here is an example.
Western


English (actually this is dressage but its the best example I could find)


A lot less bulk, but now I must ride like I have a pickle up my ass lol
As long as I am riding right? I payed enough for these gurls I may as well get on them and enjoy them for all they are right.
Fay is heading off in a couple weeks for a month of training, included in the price is some riding lessons for me as well. She will be my western horse as she fits the mold for western saddles much easier than Beauty.

Blogging will come to almost a complete stop shortly as I will be taking some english lessons as well as soon as I find a good coach/trainer for myself.

Well, thats all the time i have right now, I will blog a little more later on this weekend.
Take care all.

4 comments:

prin said...

Good luck! :)

lol @ airmiles. :D

Technodoll said...

I would think that English saddles are also easier on the horse, no?...

Zedder said...

Well TD, it depends.
English saddles do not disburse the weight of the rider as well as a western saddle, but it is easier for the horse to do natural things such as jump and move freely as there is less bulk.

Technodoll said...

ah yes, that makes sense :-)