AHHHH, 4 10 hour days kick ass! Sure I fall asleep as I walk in the door at night, but hey, I get every friday off for the next year!
Its a relatively easy job too, dangerous yes, but thats just how I roll.
Pulling a live meter isn't bad so long as the lugs don't come out with the meter and arc and ground to the base ( hasn't happened yet *knocks on wood*) putting them back in with a little too much load on them makes for some sparky few seconds but other than that, its a great job.
I work with an interesting bunch of people now too. 5 of us meter readers are on the new job so I know them really well, plus a few of the other installers are old meter readers that I worked with and are great to work with.
There is an "issue" with one of them, but I don't really feel right talking about that on my blog just yet. Its messing with my head, but keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out soon.
I work close to home for the next 2.5 months then I work out of town until August. But thankfully not far. I will be on Manitoulin Island for the summer which kicks ass because its so beautiful there. Me and one of the other girls from meter reading are going to try and split on a cabin for the summer.
Should be fun.
I really can't wait to get my first pay check at this pay rate, its going to be nice! But it must sit in my account for proof of my downpayment for the house. Its still not severed but the application has been sent in, so fingers crossed that it all happens soon, especially now that mortgage interest rates have gone down a tad.
Well, I'm dying of thirst and still need to fight with my internet connection to read up on some blogs. I have no idea what is going on with my online friends lives right now. Hope you are all doing well.
Hope the newly weds are enjoying themselves and I am really missing out on the adventures of the "furry one"
Take care
Perhaps I will be back to blog this weekend again.
Beauty put in an entry on the furry eyes blog, with some pics of the new place they're at.
2 comments:
OMG! The couple who own Dakotah's sister "mieko" have a summer home on Manitoulin Island... how cool is that!
So glad you love your new job. Yey!
I'm glad you're having fun. :) What happens to your doggies while you're away?
Post a Comment