Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dreams

I have been having some of the strangest dreams lately.
As many of my faithful blog followers know my grandma passed away just before Christmas, 5 days before her 100th birthday.
She had been in an extended care home for approx 10 years due to alzheimers and mentally she had left us a few years back.
However, since her funeral which was my first funeral of a family member in my adult life, I have been seeing her a LOT in my dreams, the way I remember her, from when I was a kid.
I love that this is how I remember and dream of her, everything in my dreams is her, the way she walks, her smile, her eyes, EVERYTHING. She doesn't really speak that I remember in my dreams but it never fails almost every night there she is. I definatly don't ever want them to stop, and I really don't know why I am blogging about her appearances but I just feel I should.
Some of the things I have of hers just seem so much more important to me now. They always were but now when I look at them I smile and the trunk I have that I believe she came across to Canada with ( or one member of her [my] family anyway)has increased in value to me the most, not monetary but you get my point here.

Pretty sentimental blog post this time around,I know... and its been a while since I've been here and for some reason I felt that my dreaming of my 100 year old grandma was the best way to come in and say a quick something.

I hope all is well in blogland for everyone.

2 comments:

Clearly Claire said...

Condolences on the lost of your grandmother. When my mother died, quite a while ago now, I dreamt of her intensely for a year, nearly every night. It was very comforting. I think the dream plane is where we can visit with our ancestors, our loved ones and others who are otherwise gone from us. Hey, and don't think that's an easy admission for me to make, as I'm an agnostic. Anyway, I think your dreams are your grandmother's means to contact you and give you a nice extra dose of loving. Enjoy the dreams while they last!

Boating Community said...

THANK YOU FOR THIS !!!!!!