Friday, March 27, 2009

Will this ever close?

Aurgh
Went to the lawyers... AGAIN, gave away more money, signed my life away for this whole house shit and then I go home after buying some stuff for the house and deciding on paint. Get a phone call from the lawyer.
Water sample is showing fecking "cauliflorons" or some shit like that. Great, now the lenders won't release the money because of a bad water sample.
The "vendors" are submitting another sample on monday to the health unit but even though the deal is supposed to close on Tuesday its now going to get postponed because of this water crap.
It would have been nice if the vendors would have arranged for someone to pick this up and bring it in for the lawyer BEFORE going on their 2 week trip. So now its crunch time, I need to be out of this house sooner than I am comfortable with right now, and I have no fecking idea what is going on with MY house.
Fecking cauliflower levels in my water. ( not really what the problem is, but I can't for the life of me figure out what cauli it is in my well)

Stress starting again.

Now the man is in panic mode as this entire process is entirely over his head, first today he has a wee fit because of what the lawyer cost me, the fact I handed over a cheque for over $13 000 and now I get this news. HE has the nerve to have a freak attack. Excuse me buddy but this is MY money here, MY stress, MY headache for the past 6 months ( yes this intent to buy this house has been going on since then)

Now, since everything is packed and one phone line is disconnected I am sitting on my couch, using my clunky desktop as a lap top with my monitor on a coffee table and key board on my lap blogging.
I don't understand why blogging is so therapeutic for me?
As long as I have found my thing that works right, pretty much all that matters.

On to some sad news now....
A decision has been made on Mr. Bailey bones :(
He is NOT doing well at all, its been a few weeks now I have noticed him rapidly losing more and more control of basic body function ( ie, walking straight lines, vision, bladder control ect.) He pants a whole lot now too and considering 2 years ago he was diagnosed with a bad heart and having the knowledge that this day would come where even him walking up the stairs would make him weak and "dizzy" from lack of oxygen to his vital organs and brain. Its still hard seeing it all happening.
I called today and made the dreaded appointment that all animal lovers hate to make.
His date is April 8th ( just put that there so i would have some place I could find that appointment date once this house crap settles, even if I am living in a van down by the river by that time, I'm sure I can access the net somewhere somehow)
So, the next 2 weeks are all about Bailey and doing things with him that he loved to do, with the obvious exception of swimming, its still too cold for that.
I am so emotionally over the rescuing of older dogs. Its worth it 100% but so hard on my emotions. I need to take a few years away from that. Selfish of me? Prolly, but I can't do this anymore. I get too attached to them and in a blink of an eye, their time is up.
One day I will seek out another Cocker Spaniel through rescue, but not for some time that's for sure.

Well, this is a blog entry completely out of the ordinary, but this one is not for entertainment, just for my own personal emotional stability right now.

Hope all is well in blog land for the rest of y'all.
Take care.

Summary:
- dont feel like summarizing right now..

3 comments:

prin said...

You sure it was cauli and not coli?

I hope everything works out.

And yeah, your man doesn't seem to have a history of handling things well.. I hope he calms down and becomes more supportive....

I'm so sorry about Bailey. It must be so difficult, but somehow, I kinda know you'll do it again. Your heart breaks, for sure, but you're not one to pass up an animal in need if one is thrown at you.. ;) Big B was lucky to have had you to retire with. (hugs)

Zedder said...

Yeah its definately cauli not coli I asked.

I do intend on rescuing another Cocker in the future, I just love the breed so much. But I wont seek one out for a while. If one "shows up" then so be it

Technodoll said...

Hmm it's strange the one of the conditions on the Purchase Offer wasn't a water test, along with house inspection and mortgage approval?? Most banks around here require a water test if linked to a well as opposed to a municipal or city water system...

Sure hope you get this resolved, I cannot imagine the stress you're going through!!

Your man owes you a big bottle of something vintage, that's what.

Will be thinking of you and Bailey on April 8th... Poor old guy. At least he was loved to bits at the end of his life... xx