Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blogging on the iPod (should be fun)

Well today sucked ass at work LOL really there is nothing else I can really do but laugh at my day. First off .... I use this handheld computerish thing to record every meter and all it's new information once it is changed so that billing can carry on smoothly well... My hand held insisted on freezing up after every second meter meaning that I would now have to preform a cold restart which takes a good 2 minutes to do followed by trying to get the gps up and running and knowing where it is ( another 2 minute job) thus adding 120 minutes of useless crap slowing me down. Yes an extra addition of almost 2 hours of wasted time on my day. Whatever right? They pay me stupid to do this.

BUT... Add to that having 6 A base meters (old style 100 amp meters that are not like giant plugins but rather need some fancy screwdriver work on live wires and installations of an adaptor that will convert this to the giant plug in type meters ) who just would not come off or go on nicely all the while firing minor sparks out from the connectors and making neat sounds adding more pressure to complete my work load fir the day.

Then, I come across a meter that you have to remove the entire face plate to access the plug in type meter (called S base) no biggie, pop it off which is a bit hard to do when people slather paint on their meter boxes to try to blend them with the house *rolls eyes. So once the plate is off change the meter and get ready to reinstall the plate... For some reason it won't to back on, I MUST put this cover back on or I can not leave the property as all the live wires from within the meter base is now exposed for anyone to touch!!!!! AN HOUR it takes me to get this MacGivered back together and safe again to leave unattended. *phew, another disaster averted. However, go to input meter change information but can not ... It's frozen again (stupid microsoft)
So drive down the road call the help center spend 45 friggen minutes on the phone doing troubleshooting... YAY!!!!

Take a breather, go grab a beverage to rehydrate and carry on.

3 whopping meters later hear a loud "Crunch" and look over to my truck to find a red Sebring firmly planted on my bumper. *sigh
Start walking over to see about damage and what not, but really not giving a shit either way, and the car tears off!!!! I saw the damage to the car, and there was a great deal of damage, checked out work truck... Nuttin Dammit, perhaps if my truck would have been wreaked I could have been able to call it a day, but no!!!

Keep on trucking, almost the end of the day now, suprisingly almost done and still an hour left, I just might make it afterall... Over the next hour all runs smoothly and nothing else of interest happens other than me not being able to count all the way to 60 apparently and being 1 whole meter short &@*% find one of the other installers, borrow a meter and somehow actually was sucessful completeing my designated work load for the day.

I rock, Murphey's law sucks

1 comment:

prin said...

Aw. I'm glad that day is over... :-O