Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ok, on with the bear story

Well, several weeks ago, there was an attack from a black bear ( or injuries resulting from coming too close to one or how ever what ever unfamiliar, black bear loving, city dwelling, thinking all bears are like Winnie the Freaken Pooh, tree hugging hippy wants to say... the thing mauled a woman)

I'm not a fan of bears, and regardless what any politician or MNR from the city or FUCK TORONTO has to say there are FAR too many of them now and they are getting ballsy as fuck.

Anyways, now that my toes are way out there for any bear lover to start stepping on that reads this... I was visiting a friend who lives 2 doors down from this "attack" Seen here the day after the fact and we were talking about it, with the pictures still fresh in my mind after my short visit, I returned home as I was on my way home from work.
I went to pick up the fur kids (aka dogs) from the sitters, and got home at dark.
With all 3 dogs in the house I realized that Karma's crate was still in the box of the truck parked maybe... oh... 20 feet from the back door. My sensor light is set to alert me of an alien invasion or spider man climbing my walls and entering from the roof or something so it is utterly useless to light my way.

I begin my adventure to the truck to get Karmas crate as she is still a jack ass in the house from time to time, especially if I am sleeping. Perhaps 5 steps out the door I tripped over the weed whacker which immediately brought back the visuals from the bear attack/swipe on that womans legs and my imagination kicked it into high gear instantly. I was now being attacked by the weed whacker bear!!SHIT, What do I do? I know...Scream as though I am being murdered and book it back to the house in FLIP FLOPS as that is my first choice for out door apparel this time of year.

I made it into the house safely in a split second, perhaps woke up the weird neighbor man, who knows, and needless to say decided that Karma could do what ever the hell her little Tibetan Mastiff mind thought would be fun to do that night. I was not going out there to make an ass of myself again... even though really no one would know about it if I did not blog, or call people up to inform them of the "stupid thing I just did" Oh well... *shrugs* where would the fun be in that?

Thats all for now.
Hope all is well in blog land.
Take care

Summary:
-Don't even start with me on bears!!!! *shakes fist in air* you think you have it all figured out, by all means come stay in the NORTH a summer.
-Weed Whacker bears are by far the sneakiest of them all.

3 comments:

prin said...

LOL!! I'm glad you're safe from the Winnie the Pooh weed whacker. :D

Zedder said...

It was horrifying let me tell you!

Melissa said...

'bout friggin time you posted this :D
lol

i am still sitting here pissing myself over it and have just read it to the kids who are laughing at you too :D