Friday, July 17, 2009

Home on the Range

What an interesting trip up my road yesterday was. After 2.5 hours driving home from work, I almost run directly into a herd of Yaks running down the road! Apparently the farmer from several miles away left his gate opened and they came running to our road, across the highway and all. What freaky looking creatures they are too, Yaks! At first I thought it was the mans parents cows running lose but they have highland cattle seen here which is clearly not a Yak (seen here)still a magnificent creature but not a cow that's for sure. While google imagining to find that Yak pic I sorta read up a bit on the Yak, interesting animals... Hmmm, wonder why that guy has them?

Anyways, after dodging the herd of Yak, I get home and start up the BBQ for some dinner, when the neighbor stops in the drive way hollering about "Orignal" which thankfully I know means moose and he was pointing into our field. So I walk over and there she is just standing there at the edge. So I ran to get my trusty camera but by the time I got back she had moved quite a distance away. Did manage to get some shots of her and may add them to the post later on.

Yup, I love living in the country, city or suburban folk see what? the very odd deer or moose accidentally wandering through ( and jumping through the Chinese food window at the mall downtown Sudbury) or just mostly skunks, coons, bears ( who swipe ya know lol) and random rodents.
Thankfully us country folk drive big trucks ( you know for maximum destruction of the animals) actually I better not get myself all worked up about that stupid Facebook comment again, its not healthy. But honestly I would have rather meet up with the Yaks in my car oddly enough. Its hard to maneuver a truck with dual exhaust through a frightened herd of Yaks with out scaring them into the bushes. *shrugs* Thankfully though while this herd was running the roads on their way back home their owner was "herding" them. They were no longer just wandering free just to let you all know that.
Apparently the bull and a few others are still missing around here somewhere. Should go check the neighbors big garden beside the house here lol

Well, busy day today and its crappy and rainy out there so I better get a move on.

Hope all is well in Blog land.
Take Care.
Summary:
-Yakking 'bout Yaks and moose
-That's all.

2 comments:

prin said...

Waiting for pics... :D

Musta been cool though, the moose and the bison.

I saw a skunk the other day....

Um.

Technodoll said...

Oy vey! Meese and yaks and everything in between! LOL

I hope to never have a run-in with a skunk. I have a morbid fear of those silly stinky creatures :-/

Regardless, the country life ROCKS!