Friday, September 12, 2008

I drove all week

Celine Dion should remake her song of driving all night and try driving all week and see how you feel.
This week collectively since monday I have driven 2 488 kms in total just for work alone. Now that wouldn't be bad if it were highway driving. Oh NO, this is all dirt road/off road driving. Dodging bears and mooses ( he he mooses)
I am so worn out its not even funny, I guess it caught up to me this morning as I woke up at 7 in the AM ( oops, work starts at 7 and I have a just under one hour commute to work each day) But the Grand Prix got me there in just over half an hour ( Love that car sometimes)

Glad I woke up when I did though, at around 8:30 ish someone had hit a school bus full of kids on my route. :o
Thankfully no one was hurt, driver of the car or the kids or bus driver.
Scary shit though, I mean I couldn't imagine being a parent and shipping my kid off on the big yellow bus trodding down the highway every day like that. In blizzards, ice storms and the like. I just don't see how a parent does this honestly.
But I guess the kids have to get the smarts somehow right and the parents still need to bring home the bacon.

Well, I'm so happy its the freaken weekend, nothing really planned, there is a corn/pig roast tomorrow though, too bad I don't like pork or corn though *shrugs*
Still heading out to it though. Doin some drinkin ( I'm due)

Today while driving around I started thinking ( this is scary even to me y'all)
Now going to this corn roast and drinking ( its a 15 minute drive down the road) I can not under clear conscience even think of driving anything other than the lawn tractor home ( and don't worry this may very well be the plan lol)I got really impatient about getting my horses under saddle.
I mean, think of it!
No more risk of drinking and driving dilemmas!! Doubt you can get charged for anything while drinking and riding right? no motor, just pure horse power. Hehaw! I've outsmarted the system lol

Just have to remember that its completely up to you to stay on your ride home so can't drink as much then right? Hopefully the horse will remember the way too, you just never know where you may end up if not lol

Oh well, lawn tractor it may be. I'll just be sure to stay off of public roads and drive across everyone's property to get there and back (this way I'm technically not in public right) I'll make some calls to the neighbors today.

Meh, I doubt that is a very good idea either, I mean lawn tractors don't exactly maneuver over obstacles very well.
I'll figure something out.

But yeah, back on the pig roast aspect of this whole part-ay. I really don't like seeing the whole pig rolling around on the spit like that. It's un-nerving to say the least. I'll just stick by the corn roasting pot for the evening.

Well, I'm off to go watch some videos on horse training and what not, I got a pleasant gift of the John Lyons series "bringing up baby" and "from ground to saddle" so I had better get learning and then anxiously head out and apply what I have learned in the field lol.
I love having horses!!! Just about as much fun as having dogs !!!!

Take care all.

Summary:
-Drove too much this week
-Slept in this morning, oh joy nothing like some good cardio first thing out bed
-Thinking of driving a lawn tractor home after a bush party this weekend ( city folk, its the way of the country lol)
-Pig on spit, freaks me out.
- thats all really

2 comments:

prin said...

lol! You're nutters. I wonder if you lawn tractored yourself safely...

Technodoll said...

At one méchoui we had (pig on spit), someone asked for the head so they could suck on the baby pig teeth.

I need new fambly.

Hope you had a good weekend, keep us posted!