I was so spent when I posted that little tease, and after many phone calls and pings on MSN I figure it would be easier to explain a bit here.
I have always wanted a horse for as long as I could remember, but living in town and having parents who were always quick to find reasons why we couldn't, I never got one.
Figured that now since things are going so well in my life and that I have the property for them, why not right???
I wasn't planning on getting any at any particular time however a few people called me at random on Saturday saying they heard from so and so that I was looking for a horse and what not. Figured there would be no harm and going and taking a looksie at a few and see what happens from there.
One guy had a weanling, I didnt want to just get one young little horse, it would be so lonely, off to pasture number 2 at guy #2's house. I fell in love with a black and white paint all over again. Needless to say she really didnt like me much.
There was this pretty brown and white mare following me around, gently nudging my back with her face and rubbing on me, I looked back at her and almost jumped out of my skin, she had the creepiest blue eyes I have ever seen! It made her look almost evil. She had a good size on her, she let me handle her feet a bit and lean in on her putting pressure on her ( these horses are not trained to ride) I grabbed her halter and moved her head gently from side to side... she didnt mind one bit.
Oh well, too bad shes so freaky looking right? I went chasing after the black and white paint ( who then proceeded to step on my foot! OUCH!)
Leaving the pasture I had some thinking to do, that pretty black and white was definatly where my heart was, but there was also something about that crazy eyed mare that kept me thinking about her and her little filly ( who she has to be sold with as the filly is only a month old)
Ahh, a foal would be so much more work.
I decided on the black and white one (Montanna) called the guy... "sorry she sold shortly after you were here" DAMMIT
Immediately I asked how much for crazy eyes and her filly, price was decent, she was a good horse who had chosen me more than I had chosen her ( thats a good thing)
So I drove back out and payed or my horses :D
Then the real money started to leave my hands... FENCING! OMG its not cheap to put in a fence last minute let me tell you!
All in all everything will be up and ready ( just a one acre little pasture for now I cant afford to fence more than that at this particular time but will be adding on) by Saturday evening the latest... My horses come on Sunday ( maybe sat. night if we can have it all ready in time)
So, thats the scoop on the horses :D
They have names too, the mare is Santa Fe ( which I really didnt like but I think calling her Fay will do just fine.. not sure)
The little filly is Star something... I cant remember, I'm not sure if I'll keep that name or not.
Oh, yeah and another question to be answered... I dont know what kind they are. I'd say the mare looks like a Quarter horse but they're not registered with anything... BYB horses I guess.
I would get into that a bit more, but I just dont feel like it.
Thats all for now
Take care all.
Summary:
-Info 'bout my horses :D
2 comments:
YEY!! That is so exciting. You know how I feel about animals with crazy-looking eye colors. :D
So awesome!!! Good luck!
LOL @ byb horses :-D
Only you, zedder, only you... !!
Post a Comment