Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gawd, Greater Sudbury stares!

First off
After a looksie at my stat counter results, I just want to give a shout out to 2 readers and invite them to comment.
First to the Timmins reader, and secondly to the North Bay reader, c'mon you are both almost locals!

Now to my observation/rant that has been a few weeks in the making

What the hell is wrong with Sudburians? Did no one ever tell them that stareing at someone is rude?
Its bad too, you can totally catch them doing it, make direct eye contact with them, make the face that clearly states "What?" and they just keep on stareing... weird

Lately I have been toggling around between North Bay area and Sudbury area for work and I have come to a few conclusions ( also will post the infamous Sudbury Barbies forward that went around a few times as soon as I find it, its funny)

First off...
Garson-ites ----> You stare the most, whats the deal with that? Its not just me you do this to, I have watched you (also stareing lol) and I have noticed that the vast majority of you have some issues with this. STOP IT, its f'n rude.

Chelmsford-ians---> Yes your car is loud, good for you! Also it wouldn't hurt if you took a few driving lessons. NO that guy did not cut you off, I saw it, you just might still be high, and peaked out when you noticed tail lights in front of you. NO need for the road rage. This isn't the way for all "Chemmisford" residents obviously, but seriously guys, take it easy on the roads, I know hwy 144 sucks ( considering its a regional road not a highway) patience.

Valley folk----> not much to complain about to be honest, you guys clearly seem to have no idea how to safely get everyone through an intersection, but I hear ya traffic is insane there and the construction doesnt help with your moods. Thanks for opening the Timmies door for me too ( EVERY time I go someone does this, so polite of you)

Hanmer---> Honestly 40% of you need a stronger dosage for your meds, you are much like the Garson folk and stare like crazy, you are also like the bad drivers from Chemmie, and somehow you dont have a hint of your neighbours (Valley folk) in you.
Please stop telling me how to do my job, you havent the faintest idea, secondly, calm the fuck down I'm sorry to break it to you all, the world does not revolve around you, and lastly... smile once and a while and give a friendly hello to someone, it wont kill you. Another thing, please stop standing in your window thinking I do not know you are there... You are far from invisible behind the magic sheet of glass.

Azilda---> I dont know where to lump you guys, some days you're all great, others, your right up there with Hanmer. You confuse me and make me nervous, sorry if I bail when I hear your door open, one can never tell with you guys.

Dowling---> Oh Dowling! Think before you speak please. Sometimes I just have no idea what you are talking about, I dont know anything about your gas bill... I'm sorry, as I work for the ELECTRIC company as you clearly just saw when you scoped out my truck.
Dowling hoodlems... your dirt bikes are damn impressive, now just keep from popping out of ditches and expecting the right of way all the time and we will get along just fine.

Levac---> Please do something about your DOGS! My gawd there are the most meanest dogs in that "town", also, when you see me signaling to turn, please don't honk at me. I do have the right to make a left hand turn from time to time, especially when the street I need to be on is there. Sorry you had to slow down again ( this town has insane variations of speed limits, one minute you can do 80, then 60, then 70, then 50... mix that with a few school zones and voila! Everyone is confused)

Cartier ----> Cartier renders me speechless, pigs and llamas for EVERYONE!

Benny-ites ----> I dont know if this is a town, or a random spot you built your houses, nice and private, but weird. You guys stare alot too, I can see you through your windows by the way. I can understand how the whole community ( 6 or 7 homes) would rush to the windows when an "outsider" comes in though.

Wahnapitae---> *sigh* there are 3 parts to this town, part one, decent, you guys are so nice and always try to make random small talk. I like that.
Part 2... Nice Camaro's, Trans-Ams, Delta 88's and so on... but do they need to be all over the place like that?
Third area, no comment, a little from area 1&2

Now... when I work in North Bay ( have only had experience with South River, Powassan, Callendar and Corbiel)
SO nice, haven't been stared at once there, random small talk all the time, people go to the window to see why the dog in the house is barking, wave and carry on with their day.

People from all over the GSA really need to take some pointers from the North Bay areas I have experience with.

Thats all I have for now, there is more town vs town stuff I have to comment on, but this is long enough for now.
I'm off to hunt for the Sudbury Barbie forward.
Take care all

Summary :
-Bitch about the Greater sudbury area people
-Compare them to their rival city ( even though I am not a fan of it)
-Thats bout all.

2 comments:

prin said...

lol! You're so funny. You stop blogging for a while and you come back with a bang without telling anybody. lol! I'll be catching up forever now. :D

JRDx said...

Hey, what about people from Sudbury proper? How would you sum them up?!