Sunday, September 16, 2007

Self diagnosis: - Patience wearing thin



Never ceases to baffle me how much faith people put into the internet. Honestly now. How can it be that some people take all info on here literally? Its a scary thought! I mean how many people are honestly looking for answers to their issues on the net? Too many if even one IMO.

Recently there has been some dietary issues with me, I want to know what is making me ill feeling all the time, so off to the trusty net I go...

It scared the shit out of me.

I mean on one hand sure some sites look genuine and educated, but then there is always the kicker.... "Buy our product, you'll be cured" Come on now, you honestly think that cures for lifes ailments are online? If so why havent doctors discovered it?

I am by definition a Naturalist I suppose, yes I believe in homeopathy and self improvement by means of changing how you do things, to more of a natural way, but come on, even I have faith in the medical field. Why are "scientists" and "naturalists" like oil and water, repel each other and basically refuse to combine and possibly learn from each other? I mean IMHO neither of them are 100% accurate right, no matter what drug the pharmacutical company comes up with, there is still no cure for HIV, Cancer and so on. On the other hand, no matter what cornocopia of herbs a herbalist will give you to treat the same problems is known to cure either....

Too much useless info on the net. I could pay and make a website, sell bottles of placebo's and tell everyone I am someone I am not just as easily as the next person, its sad that people dont fully understand this and possibly due to desperation bite the bait... money wasted , hopes and dreams crushed and still no improvement.

Sad I tells ya.



Now typically I am not this negative about things like this but it truely worried me, what I found.
"The art of medicine is in amusing a patient while nature affects the cure." ~Voltaire

2 comments:

prin said...

Ooo, you should do that and then use your profits to pay for real meds to fix you up. :D

But yeah, it's hard to know what's real and what isn't out there.

I kinda liked this one:
http://www.gluten.net/
and the ones with .edu domains... ;)

Technodoll said...

Sooo true... if science and nature are both so equally right, why haven't they merged to form one supercure for everything? Money, that's why... money and power. who cares if people are dying like flies!