
Yesterday after I was done work but before I returned to the office to unload and export the work I had done, a co-worker and I met up at Starbucks for a Latte.
L O L
Well. Two meter readers in their di-electric steel toe Jean-Guy's who look exhausted from battling the fridgid temperatures all day while hiking through snow banks and hurdling fences and shrubbery with their ever so sexay toques... DO NOT FIT IN at Starbucks.
I had never been looked at so snottily before in my life. I mean there was atleast 3 Jude Law's sitting in there sipping on their gourmet coffees/lattes/espresso's ect. who looked at us as though we were nothing more than a couple of homeless people who decided to splurge and have a taste of heaven.
I mean, I didnt see the dress code on the door when I walked and neither did the Turkey Queen so... I figure my money is as good as theirs NO?
Anyways, all the "under their breath" muttering, pointing and stareing was so worth my "Grande Eggnog Latte"
On to rant number 2....
Learn how to fucking drive Sudbury! Sheesh.
1. When you have a left turn signal, there is no need to stop mid way through the intersection and look to make sure no one is coming, you do that as you proceed through, with out stopping!
2. If you decide you want to be in the left lane, please ensure you are not doing the exact same speed as the person in front of you in the right lane... this is extremely annoying to someone who wants to go a tad faster. EXTREMELY
3. To tie into number 2, while you are pissing people off left right and center, please get the fuck off your cell phone. Perhaps this is the reason you dont notice the other motorists going from the left lane to the right lane in hopes of getting around your idiotic ass who is holding lines of traffic up.
4. Next time you purchase a vehicle, please ensure you have signal lights, It appears that many auto companies have left this "feature" out on their newer models. It helps those either behind you or in the "other" lane know what you are doing. We arent all fucking mind readers.
5. There is snow and possibly ice (aka frozen water that causes you to have NO traction) its always wise to get the hell off of other vehicles asses. You just never know if their bearings cease, an animal or God forbid a child runs out in front of them and they have no other option than to adminsiter their brakes with out warning. You will slide into them, and YOU, yes YOU, will pay in the end.
6. When you are travelling in the right hand lane and no one is in the left lane, and you see someone patiently waiting to pull into that lane to go in the same direction as you, Please have the curtosy to move the fuck over... you just dont know how long they have been there.
7. CLEAN THE SNOW OFF YOUR ROOFS... I cant stress this one enough, there is no reason that your Sunfire or mini van cant be cleared off before you start driving. Have you no idea that the snow banks you are transporting around break off and fly into oncoming traffic's windshields??? Snow has this horrible tendancy of freezing into cement block like material after a few days of slightly thawing then refreezing, it scares the shit out of those behind you or coming up to you when that hits us. For the love of Dennis, its not that fucking hard to do.
And finally for now....
8. Turn on your lights. Not all vehicles have DRL's, and if yours is one of those that dont, please put your lights on, when it's snowy and blowy and someone who is travelling a bit faster than you comes up on you and has no idea you are there until the last minute because you are in "stealth mode" has to then attempt to slow down where there could be icy conditions, its a recipe for disaster. Also, those in front of you may not know you are there either, and they may actually be contemplating passing someone in front of them... its just too risky for all involved for you to not have any lights.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please if you know someone who is guilty of even one of these things... please have a sit down with them and explain to them that it is very annoying to other drivers when they do such things.
3 comments:
I know!!! Wtf is wrong with people. Tsk.
And for your #8, in the daylight, you are 80% more likely to have an accident if your headlights are off. So why not put them on if they don't go on automatically? Eh? Tsk. Rocket science.
I am guilty of the snow roof. Bah. Gotta have some fun in life :-D
As for Starbucks, I avoid it unless it's the only place around selling caffeine for such an outrageous price. Fackers.
Good on you for snobbing the clientele! w00t!
I'm guilty too of the snow roof on a minivan.. lol..
i do my best to clean it.. but i'm short and my arm only reaches so far on top :P
and i would've KILLED to be in star bucks with you .. hehehe.. i could've brought ALL my many children and gotten snottily looked at too.. LMAO!!!
Post a Comment