
Cleaning out some of my songs on my hard drive and I have stumbled across a few oldies, but goodies, and for some reaon music takes me right back to the thoughts I had when that song was a hit, the dreams, the hopes, the aspirations.
Strange how they change so drastically with out consulting you first.
Heres some insight if you care to know.
"Making love out of nothing at all" ( Airsupply).... well, there is one point in my life ( recent at that) when this song really made sence. To listen to it now, I remember the feelings I had, the thoughts in my head, the mess left behind after one breif night. However, the meaning has changed.
"Butterfly" (Crazy Town) also was during the same time as my "Limp Bizkit","Stained","NickleBack" phases. So many fun times, so much to life, so pointless.... but the memories that those songs bring, I never want to forget.
Finally for now... Ozzy.. man Ozzy brings up memories from so many different "times" in my life.
From a Sunday as a child in my "best friend" at the time's truck with him and his mom heading back home from his place from weekend sleep overs, listening to Ozzy and singing our little hearts out... to high school, to now. "Mamma Im coming home" in particular holds so many different meanings to me.
So, to my point... dreams, how normal is it that they change?
If this isnt what I pictured for the "rest of my life" is it alright to be comfortable with it as it is? Or am I just giving up too easy?
My biggest fear is to wake up 70 and turn on some Ozzy and come back to this time in my life and say " I wish I would have done something to make myself truely happy then"
Life is short, from the moment we are born, we start to die... the clock is literally ticking on all of us.... how happy are we really?
Perhaps its unhealthy to think this way?? Perhaps its the way we are supposed to think? Who really knows the right answer right??
Well, before I go on, and I start getting the "Dr.Phil consult" phone calls again, i'll stop. lol
Quote for the day.
" Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living." ~ Anais Nin
I have no comment, I just found it and said... " Ooooohhh" so I have to wrap my head around it before commenting on that one. lol
4 comments:
I'm the same way about music. There's some music I just can't listen to because it brings back terrible memories and bad feelings. But it's funny too, because you can use it to really understand how you were feeling at a certain time. Like in the moment you can feel a certain way, but when you look back, you see it more clearly. Like when I was in Whistler, I thought it was exciting, but when I listen to the music from that era of my life, it's more like fear and uncertainty...
I turn like that when I look at the big picture too... That's why you have to enjoy the little things. Life is all about the little things. :)
I love Anais Nin. She's written some pretty raunchy stuff (ie Diaries) for her time... meow! But what a smart and futuristic woman. Good quote.
No more bloggin'? :( *sniff*
Some people say that all of our memories are connected to scents and aromas... I however take the stance that they're connected to music. Like you, I can easily remember something I had totally forgotten in vivid detail, just by listening to a song.
Post a Comment