Alright considering I have been up since 4 am ( because I went to bed at 7 last night) I figure its time to let everyone in on whats going on here...
It starts with Karma, gets bit by something has this huge allergic reaction, there is no benadryl anywhere in this town... finally find some drug her up and it all goes away. Thank God
15 minutes after I have that cleared up I am outside with the other 5 dogs ( 2 boarders and my pack minus Karma who is resting in her crate in the house) and Bailey overheats.
Great, round up the boarders, put them in the pen, grab Bailey and bring him in the house by the AC to cool down. He couldnt even stand up, this is by far the worst "episode" he has had to date.
He isnt cooling down fast enough, he's just limp with his legs stiff in front of him. In the tub he goes, I am running luke warm water over him with the trusty removable shower head to assist in the lowering of his body temp, when he starts having a little seizure.
Shut off the water, and hold his head ( since he is in the tub and I dont think it would feel very nice to hit your head in there) it only lasts a few seconds.
Take him out of the tub, place him on the floor on a towel ( at this point I am convinced he is going to die) scoop him up in my arms and head back over to the AC with him.
At this exact moment the people who I am watching the other 2 dogs for show up to visit their dogs, Bailey is getting excited again, he wants to see who's here but he cant walk.
I take him downstairs to meet them and say his hello's tell them their dogs are out in the pen and to feel free to go get them.
Bailey starts coming around, he's standing now, but very wobbly.
After 10 minutes ( and a phone call to the vet) he is fine, as though nothing happened. So I make an appointment for him on Thursday, he needs his heart meds now. That was bad.
So all is a go for the vet appt. except... Tuesday ( I think) Belle one of the boarder dogs ( who is really old... 13+ years and a rescue so actual age is unknown) has a stroke or something... she cant walk right, I am calling the number that was left for me to get ahold of her owners and tell them to get over here, the dog needs to go to the vet. I cant bring her as I have a work truck and its EXTREMELY frowned upon to drive them around for nothing... ( and this is "nothing" to Hydro)
Long story short, I finally talk to the owners, they bring her in and she most likely has a tumor ( brain) now they need to make decisions... I give up B's appt for them to take in Belle, to be euthanized, her quality of life has gone down hill apparently ( I have only known her for a week at this point) the vet agrees that is the best option, so I rebook for Bailey.
He is going in on Monday for his full blood panel and from there we are deciding the best meds for him ( depending on if his liver can support meds) Poor little bugger, he wants to be young so badly... his body is just putting a stop to his youthful outlook.
Lets all keep our fingers crossed that he can go on some low dose meds and it helps him, if not... :( I don't even want to think about it right now.
So I am down to 5 dogs right now, Karma is doing better, her swelling is down, she hasnt had another reaction, B is on house arrest ( or so he must translate it) Kita and durable Meik are doing great ( except for Kita's fake injury again) shes a drama queen, my attention is scattered away from her right now so she fakes a limp in the same front leg. Silly dog she is.
On the non dog front... I asked the man yesterday since he had the day off work to get some groceries.
He says, "sure"
What groceries do I find when I get home? Nothing!
I go to camp as that is where he is, load up 3 dogs, and find him.
He bought ( get this) Beer... Really expensive steaks (yay) and ... RADISHES!
That was his grocery shopping :-o
I asked him why he only bought radishes to go with the steak, he says " well thats all I wanted" So for breakfast this morning HE is going to eat Radishes!
Men. *rolls eyes*
Well thats all for now, I am going to get ready to go do some groceries ( considering I dont like radishes)
Take care all...
Summary:
- Dog issues upon dog issues
- Steak and radishes... yummy!
1 comment:
(hugs) That must have been a stressful time. :( I hope B's ok.
Post a Comment