Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mass clean up

What a wasted weekend.

Finally rid myself of the giant sectional couch complete with 2 lazy boys (which I despised banging my shins on when I would forget they were opened at night) that took up most of my living room, replaced it with a more fitting sofa, will pick up the love seat in the weeks to follow.
Its weird now, my living room is huge, but more accommodating for the dog stuff (Karmas giant crate and the dog beds) Hell with people, no one comes here cause I am rarely home so why focus on where "company" will sit. Its my LIVING room is it not? Exactly!

Once the old sectional was out it was clean up time while the new sofa was on its way... OMG one would almost think I had several rabbits die in random spots through out the house. Dust bunnies galore.

After that excitement was over, it was time to move on to the AC unit... this summer I will not only be able to talk on the phone and be on the internet at the same time but I will now be able to do so while being cool... No more sweltering heat in this house! Company would love that, but screw them, no one really comes by.

Since it was nice outside finally I figured some good yard work was in order. That took half a day at the very least. But now, no nails, no shards of metal ( since Karma thought it would be fun as hell to get into the "to be recycled" pop cans bag and shred them up... weird dog)
Time for a cooler... Fuck, no coolers, had to have a caesar... It was great! So had another followed by, you got it, one more.

Urgh... the rabbit shed needs new hay as well. That was the hardest of all the jobs this weekend, mucking out the rabbit shed. Those little shedding bastids shit alot! But its all clean now, they have their little 'environment' back complete with new logs and climbing material. Lucky little buggers.
Either way, it was time for my last caesar, only thing left at this point is hard liquor and Miller Genuine Draft.

Went to open up some windows ( not so sure why, could have had something to do with the good buzz I had going on from my previous drinks) but then remembered that the screen was torn in the kitchen windows and the masses of tiny little black flies would invade my house in no time driving me absolutely mad and cause me to drink even more. That and the AC was on at this point, no need for opening windows just yet).
But... I still wanted to, so out comes the screens for the windows. Change those using a mini pizza cutting tool (the days with pressing that black strip in with a butter knife are long gone now) Proceed to reinstall the screens to the windows.
Excellent.
I think that deserves a Caesar... SHIT, no more thats right. Cant drive to the LCBO now, had too many drinks prior. Oh well guess "Its Miller time"

The rest of my Saturday was a little off beat from there, It turns into somewhat of a blur to be honest.

Today, I just continued yard work, cleaned my car so it wouldn't be embarrassing to ship it off to get painted (Cant wait to see my half metal half plastic baby after its all fixed up) Drove that out to the "guy" who is doing the body work on it, have to pick up a new drivers side window motor so he can hopefully replace that when he has my car in a million pieces. I would really love to be able to open and close my window again, with out doing it manually like a fool, press the button,pull up on the window, press the button, pull up on the window, press the button... continue said process for a good 5 minutes that I will never get back.

Once the car was gone, I realized " Shit!" I still need to get my ass to and from work this week, hop online google National car rental and book a nice rental, I opted for the Pontiac G6, cross fingers that I will indeed get a G6, thought about renting the Charger, but was a little too pricey for me, that and the price of gas!!! No thanks, I figure the G6 will do. Better than the cheapest option, a teeny tiny 4 door loser cruiser, possibly 3 cyl. Suzuki something or other, sure gas mileage would have probably been amazing, but I guess I am somewhat of a material gurl after all. If I am paying stupid money for a weeks use of a car, I want something I will somewhat like, something that has some "giddy up and go". A Grand Prix would have been fun too, (although that is what I have, just mine is a 2000, not a brand spankin new one) but they had none.

Well, I do believe this may be one of my longest blog posts in sometime. So, I'll leave it at that for now.
I pick up my rental tomorrow after work (car pooling in the AM with someone) I will most likely be blogging about the rental tomorrow.

Zedder and her car talk... never ends does it.
LOL, Deal with it, this is who I am.

Take care all.

Summary:
-New shit in the house, old shit out
-Clean the fur
-Drink a bit
-Cool the house down a bit
-Drink a bit more
-Bizzare dog, eats aluminum, leaving shrapnel behind... hurts to step on
-Cleaned yard
-Ship car away for make over
-Detailed "how to" for closing a power window when the motor is shot
-Rent new car online, Zedder too cheap to rent what she really wants, but too materialistic to rent something cheaper
-Rental needs some balls
-Long post, pretty boring, Zedder signs off

2 comments:

Technodoll said...

I'm not sure why you say it was a wasted weekend, it sounds like it was awesome to me!

Purging and cleaning feels great, you had a few drinks to celebrate, all the furries are happy galoots now... what's there not to be happy about? :-)

prin said...

Yey!

lol @ the foil. My old lab did that too. :D