Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sexay

Turned out better than I imagined. That was well worth the money let me tell you.(oh yeah, talking about the paint job btw...)
Too bad its gloomy right now, I want to snap a few pics of my baby. Sorta semi pissed that I live on a dirt road right now, picked up the car yesterday (in the rain) so its full of mud right now :S Going to give it a good rinse off and then when the sun comes out I am going to pop a squat in front of it and stare. That is my plans for this weekend (and possibly the next few weekends). Enjoy the close to $2000 paint job. Cant afford to do much else to be honest.
Good news though, apparently there was not one hole in the body of my car! And it should be YEARS until there is now that all the surface rust has been removed. Lets just hope the drive train lasts as long as the new body does.

The little damage from the "wild" beagle is all fixed up too, so I can go through car washes again (once I get the AC fixed... which come to think of it I shouldn't do considering every time I do something AC related it turns sub zero outside... hrmm)
I wont have to worry about losing pieces of my car in the high pressure washer thing.

So, next on the docket for the Grand Prix:
-New struts in the front so my CD player will stop skipping when I run over ants and things approximately that size
-New windshield (so I am not looking through a spider web while driving)
-Tint some windows (just 'cause thats a good idear)
-Some equally sexay new rims and rubber to match the "hotness" of the car
-Vent visors and bug deflector.

Then I will be happy.

I guess I should just say my summer plans are "popping a squat" and staring at my car as I doubt I will be able to afford much else when all is said and done.

After dropping off the crappy Corolla today I saw an old car show happening at Mr.Transmission so I stopped ( why wouldn't I?).
WOW, as time goes by we really like to fuck up vehicles. I mean you see Dusters, REAL Mustangs (not dinky ones), Old skool Camaros and Trans-Ams, El Caminos ( hopefully my next car to add to the collection) and so on, you get to really think... WTF are we doing to cars? I know that we couldn't possibly afford to drive muscle cars daily, but even when the companies re-vamp them for some sort of special edition reasons, they make a mockery of their own product (especially Dodge's attempt of remaking the Charger... It's a family car now?? WTF? that does not scream Charger). In the 60- early 80's, we really knew what a car was. Now... not so much, every car looks the same.
The Corolla for example, resembled both the Ford Focus in a few ways and the Honda Civic ( new ones) didn't compare to either by a long shot, but its like each individual company can not possibly come up with something that screams who they are.
You see a Trans-Am/Camaro, you KNOW its Chev, same with Mustang, there is no mistaking it from far for anything else.
Come up on a civic on the highway and it could look like so many other cars until you see the TM symbol or lights.
What ever happened to creativity in the car world?
Anyways the old car show really got me ready to become Zedder again, but not this year, there is no way. Perhaps I will start hunting for some good deals on a Motor and Tranny, then get some of the electrical worked on, perhaps next year paint that baby up too with some hot rims and what not... Yes that is what I plan to do. Make a nice "Sunday driver/ small class drag racer" out of her. TeeHee... I'm sure I should have been born a boy. I don't know many gurls that have the same love for cars as I do. Let alone be happy not buying new shoes and bras to dump all their money on them.

That is indeed why I am Zedder I suppose.

Well sun is starting to poke through the clouds a bit, best be heading out to do car and dog things for a while.
Take care all...

Summary:
-Car looks GREAT
-Dirtay but great
-List of things to do with the car
-Went to an old car show today
-Bitch about how we fuck up everything as humans again.
-Bla bla... Zedder better get another job to support her addiction.

3 comments:

prin said...

Yey cars! Although, I'm not a fan of the American cars... I prefer me a finely tuned Japanese car. Reerrr. :D

Glad you got your car back and you're happy. :)

Technodoll said...

Um... I find anything pre-1990's to be pretty much horrid-looking... giant awkward carcasses with wheels.

I love most of the new sleek rounded efficient cars on the road today, barring a few american horrors.

Agree to disagree on the car subject? LOL!

Zedder said...

TD... I will agree to disagree with you on the subject (even though your point of view is the wrong one :p)

Prin... I have only had Corolla experiences with Japanese cars, so its fair to say I haven't experience this "finely tuned" thing you are talking about... I guess they make Corollas on mondays cause someone is clearly not thinking with those stupid cars!