Monday, November 12, 2007

What presses your buttons?


After reading a fellow bloggers blog and just having some of mine pressed tonight as well ( not from the blog though) I just got to wondering... what is it that makes us so mad about shit we cant change?

Yes our fucking computers are constantly insisting that we change and upgrade to what they want us to, with out consulting us first, the fuckers just do it...

Yes everytime I log into photobucket they have revamped it and I can never find my fucking albums, it takes me a few minutes... how many times a week must you change the site?

Yes people just assume we all want things changed, well I too dont handle change well.
However, some change I could handle.
For example, perhaps having more help around the house spontaniously after I turn off the lights one night (like our puters install updates)... that would be change I could adapt to easily.
Or even if people can get things through their heads from time to time, where others dont have to repeat themselves over and over, whether work related, socially related ect...I could adapt to that change easily.

So what presses my buttons.
I will compile a list off the top of my head:
1- everything previously listed
2-people who yap about shit and not have a clue what they are talking about... still trying to convince others that what they are saying is fact.
3- Stubborn assed people
4- The "I'm so poor" people, Im sorry, you're not poor ( for the most part in my personal experience) why not say, "Its just not a priority for me right now" Be fucking honest!
5- Tying in with number 4, lack of honesty... I can handle white lies, I can handle full out bullshit, just dont think I'm stupid and dont know you are lying.
6- Ties in with number 5... People who think Im stupid, just becaue I am not poetic or have the ability to come up with words that only 10% of the population will ever use in their lifetimes... Im not stupid.
7- ties in with number 6 (im seeing a pattern with my ramblings) people who insist on using horrendously huge words that require a university degree to crack the fucking code of what they are saying... I dont have a dictionary and I am on dial up so to hell with looking words up online.

I could go on and on... which brings me to my next thought.
How healthy is it to have this many pet peeves or "button pressers"??? Honestly?
Basically every day someone or something presses my buttons raising my blood pressure to a dangerous level, how much will that reduce my life span?

I think hard core pot heads have it all figured out, or perhaps I have them figured out...
Either they just smoke themselves numb and not ever deal with the pressing of the buttons as they are too damn mellow to care, or they have had their buttons pressed so much that they have to find a way numb it.
Constant high vs high blood pressure???
I dont really want either but seriously the first one sounds alright to me!

6 comments:

Zedder said...

I think i need to clarify, im not bitchy, not at all, just had some buttons pressed, thanks blog audience for checking up on me on msn, im just venting... not having a melt down.
Apprieciate your concern! {{hugs}}

prin said...

1. Me.
2. Also me.
3. My ass is stubborn sometimes, but cut it some slack. :D
4. Me again.
5. Oh, not me. Phew! Wait, no, it's me.
6. You're not stupid. *chuckles silently*
7. What a preposterous grievance. :P

Sorry I wasn't helpful in your time of meltdown. (hugs)

Technodoll said...

LOL were you having a bad day when you wrote this? s'ok to vent... that's what blogs are for, hun. Beanies smoochies to you ;-)

prin said...

LOL! I was just back here reading the comments, and I got that restart now pop up. I'm not kidding. LOL!

Zedder said...

Prin I thought you were far quicker on the draw than that :O
lol, ahh well you're sick (for real this time, not your "illness") so I'll let it slide... just this once! ;)

prin said...

LOL! Cool. Thanks for the slack. :D