Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Walking in others footprints.

Nothing behind that title, its actually a realization I had today that its damn near impossible to follow in someone elses actual foot prints in the snow.
I thought this morning that I had an easier day ahead of me than yesterday ( will be FULL OUT RANTING ON THAT ONE IN A BIT) I noticed that either the gas or water reader was ahead of me and making lovely paths. So I tried to follow the exact steps they took... Didnt work out as planned. Apparently he/she has REALLY large strides that my legs dont know how to be as long as so I spent more time on my face than anything today.

Oh well, not nearly as bad of a day as yesterday was.

Where to start???

Oh yes, first thing in the morning it started with me and another of the meter readers having it out in the office over something so... pointless.
That set my mood (after the time change still fucking up my chi that is)
I head out to start picking up a few meters that I had for some reason missed and at this one house (first one of the morning) I park the truck in the drive way (perfect place for it no?) walk across the front lawn, read the meter head back to the truck and thats when all hell broke loose.
*disclaimer if you have issues with the F word, stop reading now*

Asshole off his meds- " Dont EVER park your FUCKING jeep in my FUCKING driveway again you stupid bitch, you are payed to walk you FUCKING bitch"

Me- (seeing red right now) "Its a Ford not a Jeep" (there is really nothing I can say or do in times like these)

Asshole off his meds- "I dont fucking care you stupid Bitch... bla bla bla"

at this point I just rolled my eyes at him, shook my head, smirked and got in my FORD and left.
Stupid fuck. I could see flying off the handle like this on a much smaller scale if I was driving the whole street, but I only had to stop at his house then head to the next subdivision. Makes me sort of wonder if his life really is that bad that he has nothing better to do than make himself look like a complete fucken psycho?

It didnt stop there either, after I picked up my few missed meters I headed on over to the other end of town (our files are really screwy) and started where I left off, well the other guy that I had it out with at the office was where I was starting (he insisted on helping me finish that morning for some reason I cant comprehend)
Anyways, another little episode on the street again from the 2 of us, ended up with me basically saying "Whatever fuck" and driving off to do what I am getting payed to do, read meters.

This job is really getting to me lately. The worst part is, even though I like to vent about work on here( cause its so much easier than telling the story over and over again when people ask) I know that at some point someone who gets payed a bit too much to do very little will stumble in here as they do check our Facebook accounts and this is linked from there. "HI"

Oh well, all part of online life right?

Well off to do dog things, they are "normal" atleast.
Hope all is good in blogland

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) and kudo's to you for not snapping his head off.. lol..

can i follow you to work one day and a make an 'A day in the life of E" documentary?? i'm sure it will gross high ratings as a great comedy?? LOL..

again ((hugs))
*slips you a super large drink of your choice*

Technodoll said...

At least you know he's a psycho off his meds, makes it easier to not take it personally and crack his skull with a shovel.

You sure picked an easy job... LOL! not!

prin said...

"Whatever fuck"

Ah... I used to say that all the time. I haven't said it in forever now. Weird. Sorry, got abnormally nostalgic. :D

That's freaky. Stay safe you.