Oh I Have had it with the cranky old guy at work
I guess I pressed the right buttons this morning somehow by asking a simple question, as he blew up in my face about 2 wrong readings I recently had (and when he flung the paper in my face... wait I need quotations here)
Old Crank- "How do you explain these readings?" (In a very "barking" acusing voice)
See the thing is, they are convinced "someone" is just guessing the readings and not actually reading them, however, the files are horribly out of route and with the installation of the lovely smart meters we hear "out of range" beeping ALL DAY LONG so I guess, speaking for myself, I just get used to the sound and by the middle to end of the day I dont use as much "caution" as I should...
Anyways, he flings this paper in my face so I grab it and look
Old crank again- "you billed that meter at over 70 thousand KwH's!!!"
I notice on the paper he wrote
"No foot prints in snow, meter not actually read"
So I fucked up... excuse me! I guess he has never had a fuck up before... amazing!
There was 2 of them on that file.
After that I was sitting at the computer printing off my paper work I take with me and I can hear him saying to one of the other readers in the office...
" If some people around here dont start getting their shit together they too will end up going down that road" (implying that someone will be getting fired)
The other reader asked "who me?"
So I stood up and said
"No dont worry, he's talking about me, im the new target"
So its apparent now that he has moved off of his previous 2 targets to try to get fired for not doing their jobs (in his head) and on to me.
I know his next steps, WATCH ME LIKE A HAWK and find any reason to file complaints on me.
SO... today I worked extra cautious, double checked every little thing, clearly I did not finish my file so I will have to do that on Tuesday. I am sure he'll have a hay day with that, you know for building his "case" against me.
I think this attitude he has for his fellow co-workers (as he is not a supervisor or management by any means and technically had NO right to address me in that manner this morning) is pretty close to borderline work place harassment, NO?
If there is a problem with something I am doing, I would appreciate management discussing it with me, not the guy who has the same title as I do. I just dont think it was, or is appropriate one bit how he is behaving.
I hate to bring up the "H" word too, but if he keeps on me for nothing like this, I will have no choice.
Well, I blogged about that for a reason, blogs are dated and what not so I like to keep some form of a record of this shit. Its been happening alot lately so expect more blog entries about it.
That is, until he finds his next "victim" but they dont know what he's upto cause no one can press his buttons like I do for some reason and its just very convienient that we are in the same office every day.
Blog world, keep your fingers crossed I can get into a new career soon....
Well, that entry is long enough, I will write a better one later on, non work related.
1 comment:
(hugs) sounds stressful. :(
Post a Comment